About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, November 18, 2013

Make-A-List Monday

Such a busy weekend....

Lots of family time this weekend and I couldn't be happier.

Saturday night my DH and I attended our daughter's cheer leading competition.  

Shea has been cheering since she was 5 years old.  She cheered all through grade school as part of a Pop Warner Cheer Program.  In middle school and high school she cheered competitively for World Cup Allstar Cheerleading and for her school teams.  She even cheered for her college football and basketball teams for four years.  We went to all of her games and competitions.

This time it was a little different...this time she was the coach.

Shea now coaches the varsity squad at her alma mater...a team to which she used to belong.


This is the competition floor before the teams arrived.


A few girls from each team sang the National Anthem.  It was beautiful.


The girls waited patiently for their turn to perform.  That is Shea in the center of the picture in the long sleeved green T-shirt.


The girls did an amazing job.  Their choreography and tumbling were flawless.  Unfortunately another team scored slightly higher so Shea's team did not win but "Pirate Pride and Spirit" was alive and well.

Great Job Girls!!!

We spent Sunday in Philadelphia cheering for my oldest son, Kyle, as he ran his first half marathon.  There will be many pictures of this event later in this post.

Now, on to my list.......


The Week of November 11, 2013
(in review)

1.  Work on the last clue for the
Heather Spence of Heather Spence Designs



This is my completed quilt top.  The backing is prepared and
 "Mum's the Word" is ready to be quilted.


2.   Work on Back to Square One Medallion Mystery offered by Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times.



This is my quilt top with the first eleven clues complete.  The final clue will be released on December 1, 2013.

3.  Work on a few more Wildflower Rhapsody blocks.



Two more blocks completed.  I love this color combination

4.  Bind and label Monticello & In a Snap.



Both quilts have been bound and labeled.  This is a picture of Monticello.

5.  Review my Christmas Control Journal.  A sample CCJ can be found HERE.  I've been following many of the principles of Flylady for years.  This website has helped me tremendously with organization.

I was able to do a little Christmas shopping this week.

6.  Piece a backing for Slice Twice - Isn't That Nice and prepare it for quilting.

My backing is pieced and Slice Twice is now ready to be quilted.

7.  Work on the most recent block for the PQW Saturday Sampler.



I love the way these pretty batiks work together.

8.  Work on the November Paper Pieced Heart Sampler block.



I have now completed eleven paper pieced heart blocks.  These blocks will measure 7 inches when joined.

9.  Make some Make It Snappy scarves.



These silky scarves are so soft.  I hope to make more of them this week.

10.  Work on the Quilts for Kids quilt I started at the workshop last week.



This is my most recent Quilts for Kids quilt top.  I will quilt it in the near future.


I did not have time to work on this table runner.

12.  Spend a day with little Ryder.

My DH took my Ryder day this past week.  He is between coaching assignments. 

 Football has ended and basketball has yet to begin. 

 I asked him to take a few pictures for me.  

There are also a few videos that only seem to be available on a PC and not a tablet or Smartphone.  I'm not sure why.  ?????

Enjoy!!!



Lunch Time is serious business!



Ryder wants to run a marathon, too!



Ride 'em Cowboy!


Oh, the wonder in the eyes of a child   

13.   Work on the following BRODY Projects:

Blue Dresden Plate Quilt
*Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Small Print
Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Large Print
*Blue Palace
Meadow - A Christmas Quilt
Jungle Fever
Civil War Tribute
Aunt Josephine's Pride Mini Quilt
*Two Flag of Valor Quilts


I had time to work on the three starred projects.  Although none of the projects are finished, here are a few of the blocks that are done...


Four Patch Stacked Posies


Blue Palace

Flag of Valor Stars



14.  Work on the quilt currently loaded on Annie - DMIL quilt blocks

I have completed the quilting on this top.  It is now renamed "Back in Time."

15.  Add some more hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired
 Christmas Hexie Quilt. 

No hexies added this week.  I have hit a road block with this quilt.  I need to get back on track so that it does not become a UFO.

16.  Work on the shawl I am crocheting for 
the Prayer Shawl Ministry at St. David the King Church.

Just a little work on my shawl this week.

17.  Cheer my DS Kyle on as he runs his first Philadelphia Half Marathon.  (13.1 Miles)

We had such a wonderful time cheering Kyle on as he completed his race.  This is the longest race I have ever observed since I ran my own 5K a lifetime ago.


This is the starting line near the Philadelphia Museum of Art.



Kyle was still smiling around the six mile mark.



Heather and Don are waiting for him to cross the finish line.


JT, Kaela and Shea can't wait to congratulate Kyle.


YAY!!!  You made it!!!


We had a delicious brunch at The Cambridge.  Kyle was ravenous!


It was a beautiful day in mid November to run a race!







The Week of November 18, 2013

1.  Make 18 labels for quilts that need them and then prepare Show & Tell Tuesday posts for these quilts.

2.  Prepare Show & Tell Tuesday posts for a stack of quilts that have already been labeled.

3.  Cut up a bag of scraps I've accumulated over the last few weeks.

4.  Add a binding and label to "Back in Time," the quilt I recently finished quilting on Annie.

5.   Work on a few more Wildflower Rhapsody blocks.

6.  Continue to work through my Flylady inspired Christmas Control Journal.

7.   Make some more Make It Snappy scarves.


9.  Spend three days with my Ry Bear.

10.  Work on the following BRODY Projects:

Blue Dresden Plate Quilt
Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Small Print
Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Large Print
Blue Palace
Meadow - A Christmas Quilt
Jungle Fever
Civil War Tribute
Aunt Josephine's Pride Mini Quilt
Two Flag of Valor Quilts

11.  Work on the quilt currently loaded on Annie - Christmas Tree Skirt.

12.  Add some more hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired
 Christmas Hexie Quilt. 

13.  Work on the shawl I am crocheting for 
the Prayer Shawl Ministry at St. David the King Church.

14.  Attend the Byrne $5 quilt workshop and go out to a birthday lunch with my friend, Chris.  (This birthday is lasting over a month!) 

15.  Attend Strip Club at The Village Quilter.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment