About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, November 26, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Make-A-List Monday


             The Week of November 19, 2012
(in review)


1. Plan the quilt I will work on in December for Quilts for Kids.

I have decided to make a pinwheel quilt for my next Quilts for Kids quilt.  I have all the pieces cut and ready to sew.  I am not able to attend our meeting  this month on Tuesday so this project will have to wait for a while.

2. Make the December blocks for PQW Saturday Sampler.



These two blocks were paper pieced.  I have done a lot of paper piecing but for some reason I had a brain freeze while working on these blocks.  I had to use some of the extra fabric I had saved for the finishing steps.  I might have to buy some more fat quarters to make up for the fabric I wasted.  

3. Continue to work on my Christmas Hexie Quilt.


I now have 70 hexies done.  

4. Bake Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Chip Cookies.


Snickerdoodles

Chocolate Chip
I made five dozen Snickerdoodles and ten dozen Chocolate Chip cookies.
Since I only freeze one dozen of each for Christmas I think I will have to give some of these away.  Luckily I will see all three of my children this week so they can expect a cookie care package.

Expect the recipes in a blog post on Friday.

5. Celebrate Thanksgiving with my wonderful children and my in-laws.


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.  Everything was yummy! Unfortunately I forgot to get pictures of my DMIL and DFIL.  I will be sure to do that at Christmas time.






The apple pie and pumpkin pie were 
Delicious!










6. Attend Strip Club at The Village Quilter.










For Strip Club this month we are using "Winter Blues" to make this pretty quilt called Tree Lot by Cozy Quilt Designs.











7. Do all my Christmas decorating.



We decided to do just a little decorating this year.  We always decorate the day after Thanksgiving.  With Thanksgiving so early it seemed best to keep our decorating simple until we get a little closer to Christmas.



I didn't have time to take any more pictures.

8. Finish the quilting on my 1930's Farmer's Wife quilt currently on Annie.

This is a very large quilt so I did not get it completed.  I only have about 45 minutes more worth of quilting to do so even with my very busy week ahead, I should be able to finish it this week.

9.  Start working on the new Bonnie Hunter mystery, Easy Street, which begins on Friday.  




These are the fabrics I am using for the mystery.




Clue #1

I have not finished all 192 4-patch units but I will be done by the next clue on Friday



The Week of November 26, 2012

1.  Add 35 more Hexies to my Christmas Hexie Quilt.

2.  Finish quilting my 1930's Farmer's Wife quilt and load the next quilt.

I'm sure I will not get the next quilt done so my goal is to just get it loaded.

3.  Attend the Twister Holiday Stocking class at The Village Quilter in Mt. Holly, NJ.

This is the class that was cancelled because of the October hurricane.

4.  Spend two days with my Sweet Ryder.

5.  Three doctor's appointments...UGH!

6.  Volunteer at our local high school craft fair.  Our high school...
West Windsor - Plainsboro High School South has a giant craft show on the first Saturday of December.  I have been volunteering there for many years.  It is an enjoyable way to give a little back to a school that has meant to much to my entire family.  All five of us have attended this school and my husband, Don, and daughter, Shea, work there now. 

7.  Bake Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Snaps.  

8.  Work on Clue #2 for Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery quilt.

9.  Work on three blocks from the Just Takes 2 Quilt Along.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

3 comments:

  1. Love your 4 patches, it has been a lot of fun checking the linkys and seeing what everyone else is using. Thank you for sharing yours.

    the other Sharyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post, I enjoyed all of it. I love snickerdoodles, you make me want to make some, and your fabrics for Easy Street look lovely. I love the tree lot quilt, is that a pattern that can be purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is Candace. Click on the Cozy Quilt Designs link next to the Tree Lot picture. I think the price is $9.

    ReplyDelete