About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, November 30, 2012

Foodie Friday

Snickerdoodles




  • 2 2/3 C     Flour
  • 2 t.          Cream of Tartar
  • 1 t.          Baking Soda
  • 1/2 t.       Salt
  • 1 C          Butter, Softened (2 sticks)
  • 1/2 t.       Vanilla
  • 2             Eggs (room temperature)
  • 1 1/4 C     Sugar
  • 3 t.          Cinnamon
  • 3 T.          Sugar
Stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.

Mix butter, vanilla, eggs, and 1 1/4C sugar.

Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients and beat at low speed until well blended.

Shape into a ball, wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Shape dough into small balls, roll balls in a mixture of 3t cinnamon and 3T sugar.  Place 2" apart on parchment paper lined baking sheet.  

Bake ~8 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool on rack.

Makes ~5 dozen cookies.



Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment