About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, November 23, 2012

Foodie Friday

Ginger Snaps


  • 1 C         Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 C      Shortening
  • 1/4 C      Molasses
  • 1             Egg
  • 2 1/4 C   Flour
  • 2 t.          Baking Soda
  • 1 t.          Cinnamon
  • 1 t.          Ginger
  • 1/2 t.       Ground Cloves
  • 1/4 t.       Salt
  •                Granulated Sugar


Mix brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg.

Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.

Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into ball.  Roll in granulated sugar.  

Place dough balls about 3" apart on parchment paper lined baking sheet.

Bake ~8 minutes - just until set.  Remove from oven.

Allow to cool on tray for 1 minute before transferring to cooling rack.


Makes ~ 3 dozen cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment