I had a very pleasant day with my DS Kyle, my DDIL Heather, and my DGS Ryder. We met Kyle at Yankee Stadium for lunch. We ate in the Hard Rock Cafe then walked around the stadium for a little while.
There was a lot of preparation going on in anticipation of the game there against the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday Night.
The Hard Rock Cafe
The seats are empty but the grounds crew is busy painting and getting ready for the Wednesday night game..
Ryder meeting Yankee Mickey.
There was such a wonderful feeling of excitement around the stadium. All the employees were busy scrubbing and polishing in anticipation of the game.
Let's Go Yankees!!!
The Week of October 1, 2012
1. Start preparing for Christmas. All my lists are made. Now I need to get to the store and start shopping.
2. Attend Quilts for Kids at PQW. I turned in my Halloween quilt. Now I am working on a Christmas quilt.
3. Take a class from Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts at The Village Quilter.
This is the pattern we worked on. I made my pillow using an April Cornell Line of fabric by Moda called Portugal.
4. Start a Mystery Quilt by Email with Heather Spence.
I have cut my fabric for the mystery. Hopefully I will get to complete the first clue before the second clue is released on Friday.
The mystery is to benefit a little boy named Jack who is recovering from surgery to remove a tumor on his brain.
If you find it in your heart to help Jack and his family please visit his website. Help Jack
5. Work on my two quilt blocks for Saturday Sampler at PQW.
Here are the two blocks I will turn in on Friday.
6. Make the June Rag quilt that I have procrastinated about for over a year.
This rag quilt is done but I still need to add a label.
7. Work on my two October blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along.
Here are my blocks. I got them done very early this month.
8. Put together the 2011 PQW Saturday Sampler quilt - Home colorway.
This is almost done. I just need to add the outer four borders and it will be complete.
The Week of October 8, 2012
1. Finish the "Candy Dish" pillow I started in the class at The Village Quilter with Julie Herman.
2. Finish the borders on the 2011 PQW Saturday Sampler Quilt.
3. Attend PQW Saturday Sampler class.
4. Attend Brother & Baby Lock Embroidery Club at Byrne Sewing Connection in Doylestown, PA. Hopefully I will learn some more things so I can start using my embroidery machine with confidence.
5. Go out to dinner with some friends.
6. Work on my Christmas quilt for Quilts for Kids.
7. Finish a quilt on Annie for little Ryder.
I had better not plan anything else as I will not have many days at home this week.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!