The Week of September 24, 2012
1. Work on my two September blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along.
Blocks are complete. I have done two blocks each month since January; one in a red scrappy colorway and one in a multi colored scrappy colorway. Thanks Jo Kramer from Jo's Country Junction for hosting this quilt along.
2. Complete quilting the quilt that is currently loaded on Annie.
Here are a few of the quilted blocks.
Now on to the binding.....
3. Load and quilt my September quilt for Quilts for Kids.
Our quilts this month have a fall/Halloween theme.
4. Work on the English Paper Piecing project I started about five years ago.
This quilt/wall hanging measures 30" x 36". It is made with 1930's repro fabric. It is ready to be quilted.
5. Play with my little (or not so little)puppy, Brody.
Brody is now a little over 5 months old. He is so much fun and he keeps us very busy!
The Week of October 1, 2012
1. Start preparing for Christmas. Yes, believe it or not, I start preparing for Christmas on October 1st. I start shopping for non-perishables and making my famous Hot Cocoa Mix that I give as gifts. I also start asking for Christmas gift ideas from family.
2. Attend Quilts for Kids at PQW. I will turn in the quilt I made and start preparing another quilt...this time with a Christmas theme.
3. Take a class from Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts at The Village Quilter.
We will make this pretty pillow using Julie's new tool,
Hex N More Ruler
4. Start a Mystery Quilt by Email with Heather Spence.
This is the second Mystery Quilt that I have done with Heather. This Quilt Along will benefit a little boy named Jack Hogenson who was been diagnosed with a form of brain cancer in April. Jack is 5 years old.
If you find it in your heart to help Jack and his family please visit his website. Help Jack
5. Work on my two quilt blocks for Saturday Sampler at PQW.
6. Make the June Rag quilt that I have procrastinated about for over a year.
7. Work on my two October blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along.
8. Put together the 2011 PQW Saturday Sampler quilt - Home colorway. All the blocks are pieced. Now I have to put it all together and prepare it for quilting.
I know this is a very ambitious list. It will probably be hard to get to all these things because the weather has been so nice that I just want to walk Brody forever!
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching