About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, May 7, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Make-A-List Monday

The week of April 30, 2012
(in review)

1. Work on the April and May Blocks of the Month for Craftsy. 

The first April block is called Hexi Stripe.


The second April block is called Sunny with a Chance of Hex.


Both blocks were English Paper-Pieced and then appliqued.

Next I worked on the May blocks.

The first May block is called Modern Log Cabin.


The second May block is called Wonky 5-Sided Log Cabin.



Both of these blocks were put together free-form.  There were no real rules...just what looked good to the quilter.  I love the way all 4 blocks turned out.





2.  Make a present for my DMIL for Mother's Day.  My gift is in progress.  Here is a sneak peak.  I will show the completed gift next week.



3.  Attend Quilts for Kids at Pennington Quilt Works.  I turned in the three John Deere quilts I made.  I started working on two hexagon quilts, as well.  Hopefully I will have them completed by June 5th.


4.  Prepare my chosen NJ Shop Hop quilt as a leader/ender project.  The center of my quilt is cut and partially pieced using the leader/ender method.  Unfortunately, as I started working on the quilt I have noticed a few errors on the pattern.  One glaring error is that there are no fabric requirements for the background fabric.  I have emailed Mouse Creek Quilts twice but I have not received a response.  I guess I will just have to figure this one out on my own. 

5.  Complete a few Dear Jane blocks.  I was able to complete 6 Dear Jane blocks this week.


These blocks will all be in the 12th row.  They are named as follows (left to right...top to bottom):
                                            
                                                   St. George's Cross
                                         Chattanooga Charlie
                                         Maze of Madness
                                         Town Square
                                         Box Kite
                                         Walter's Place

 Currently my Dear Jane numbers are:   152 Squares
                                                            36 Triangles
                                                           0 Corners
                                                    3949 Pieces

This past week was very productive.  Let's see what this week has in store.


The Week of  May 7, 2012

1.  Complete DMIL Mother's Day gift.  It is almost done.  Just a little hand work left to do.

2.  Complete two Dear Jane triangles.  The two triangles I will work on this week are on the bottom row, 11th and 12th from the left. 

3.  Work on my Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs.





4.  Do a few Just Takes 2 quilt blocks.


5.  Work on The Pennington Quilt Works Saturday Sampler from 2011.  I did two colorways of this quilt.  All blocks are complete but now I need to do a lot of extra blocks and then put them both together.  I am going to work on the Ocean colorway this week.


All participants were required to purchase Judy Martin's book Stellar Quilts.  The sampler quilt blocks we made will be put together using a layout from Judy's book. 

I am a big fan of Judy Martin.  I made her Shakespeare in the Park quilt a few years ago.

I presented it to my DS and DDIL as their wedding quilt.  This pattern can be found in Judy's book entitled, The Creative Pattern Book.

These five things should keep me very busy this week.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

1 comment: