About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Show & Tell Tuesday (Patchwork Party & Hexie Sweet Hexie)

Patchwork Party

In 2009, I discovered an event called Patchwork Party.  Twice a year a special fabric line is chosen and 12 different quilt shops across the country design 12 different quilt blocks from that line of fabric.  


Each shop also designs a unique finishing kit.  To participate in the event I had to visit each online shop and order the quilt block.  Then I had to visit the finished quilt gallery to choose a finishing kit.  

Patchwork Party


I really enjoyed participating in Patchwork Party.  I ran into a bit of a problem when one of the quilt shops sent me the wrong fabric.  I didn't realize this at first because I didn't start working on the blocks immediately.  When I discovered the mistake, (about 9 months later) I contacted the shop. 
 I was a bit frantic because I didn't think there was any chance this shop still had the fabrics necessary to make the block.  I was very surprised and happy to find out that they did have the fabric, and they promptly sent me everything I needed to complete my block...and eventually the entire quilt.




Hexie Sweet Hexie


Every year in the spring, many quilt shops in the state on New Jersey host a shop hop.  I have participated in the hop a few times.  Participants must travel to various shops throughout the state to collect fabric and patterns.  Prizes are awarded daily, and at the end of the hop.  I actually won a daily prize from one of the shops one year.  Hexie Sweet Hexie is the finished quilt from one of the shops I visited.  Unfortunately, the shop I got the pattern from has since gone out of business.

Hexie Sweet Hexie is available for sale in my
 Etsy Shop: 



Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment