About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday (Baker's Dozen & Hazel Ilene)

Show & Tell Tuesday


Baker's Dozen

Charlotte Humphrey designed this quilt in 2004 and distributed the pattern through Painted Pony 'n Quilts in 
La Porte, TX.  It was offered as a Block of the Month at 
The Village Quilter in Mt. Holly, NJ.  




I made my Baker's Dozen quilt in all Batik fabric.




I completed this quilt in 2012 and it measures
77" X 77".


Hazel Ilene

On September 19, 1936, Hazel Ilene Hyde was born.  She was the first child of 
Lavern and Mildred (Rector) Hyde.  On Christmas Eve, in 1950, Hazel received a little red 5-year diary which, for the next few years, she faithfully wrote in every day.

Shelly Pagliai of Prairie Moon Quilts is the daughter of 
Hazel Ilene.  She transcribed Hazel's diary on her blog
The Life of Hazel Ilene in 2010.  As I read this transcription,
 I was offered a peek into the life of a 1950's rural farm girl as she wends her way through high school toward graduation and married life.  

Each day's diary entry was followed by instructions for making quilt blocks, one step a day for 365 days.  I followed this quilt-along and at the end of the year I had a completed quilt top.



My Hazel Ilene quilt was completed in 2011 and it measures 67" X 82"

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

1 comment:

  1. I just now found this, and I love it! I hadn't seen your version before, but it's wonderful. Thanks so much for making a Hazel's Stars quilt. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete