About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, March 3, 2014

Make-A-List Monday

The Week of February 24, 2014
(in review)

1.  Prepare a pieced batting for "Square Dance," 
 a quilt I finished piecing in June 2013.

I pieced the batting and finished the quilting.


2.  Work on the final borders for 





I absolutely LOVE this quilt top.  I am so happy that I took on this challenge.


3.  Bind and label "Roll Roll Cotton Boll," 
 "Little Dominoes," and "Jelly Roll Race."

Roll Roll Cotton Boll
a mystery quilt designed by Bonnie Hunter.



Little Dominoes and Jelly Roll Race


These two little quilts will be donated to 
Quilts for Kids tomorrow.

4.  Work on the sixth block for
and put it into the Mock-Up. 







I'm a little concerned about this block.  Although it is not visible in person, a few of the blocks look almost scorched in the photo.  I may redo this block with another white fabric.


5.  Continue to work on my New York Beauty quilt.

I've finished a few more blocks but they are still not all done.


6.  Work on three Desk Deli Totes, designed by Penny Sturges for Quilts Illustrated, for future gifts.

I finished all three totes.  No pictures because they are gifts, but trust me...they are really cute!


7.  Work on a few Dear Jane blocks.

No progress.



8.  Begin working on a quilt called 
"Majestic Mountain" by 3 Dudes Quilting.

No progress.


9.  Work on some more blocks for my 
"Just Takes 2" quilt.

No progress



10.  Work on the quilt I am making for Ryder's "Big Boy Bed."

All fabrics have been washed and pressed.  Now to cut into them!


11.  Work on the following BRODY Projects:

*Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Small Print
Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Large Print
*Civil War Tribute
Two Flag of Valor Quilts
*Teal & White Delight
Kwik Krazy Quilt

I was able to work on three BRODY Projects this past week.  Here is a picture of one of the four Civil War Tribute blocks I made.


I am still working on blocks for "Teal and White Delight" and I am adding borders to the small print "Four-Patch Stacked Posies."

12.  Work on the quilt currently loaded on Annie:
  "Square Dance."

 Square Dance has been quilted.  I think it is going to be a gift quilt so I can't share any pictures at this time. 

13.  Add some more hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired Christmas Hexie Quilt.

No progress.



14.  Work on the shawl I am crocheting for 
the Prayer Shawl Ministry at St. David the King Church.

No progress.


15.  Spend two days with my Ryder, including an AWESOME ADVENTURE

We took Ryder to the 
in Cherry Hill, NJ.

This children's museum is similar to The Please Touch Museum we took Ryder to in January.  It was a little more compact but had just as many fun things for Ryder's age group (21 months)

Ryder loved the bubble station.  It took a lot of coaxing to get him to explore other areas.

He enjoyed "fishing" from the deck of the boat with his Granddad.

Playing in the car was a hit!


Playing hockey was sooooo much fun!

Operation!!!  Notice the doctor coat and stethoscope around his neck.  He was really getting into the role.

"I wonder if my new baby brother will weigh this much?"

"This castle is really cool."

"Now did he say he wanted mayo on his sandwich, or not?"


Making pizza is a blast!




The Week of March 3, 2014


1.  Bind and label "Square Dance."


2.  Continue to work on my New York Beauty quilt.


3.  Work on Ryder's "Big Boy Bed" quilt.


4.  Work on the seventh lesson for
and put it into the Mock-Up. 

5.  Prepare "Seashore Memories" as a BRODY Project.

6.  Work on a few Dear Jane blocks.


7.  Begin working on a quilt called 
"Majestic Mountain" by 3 Dudes Quilting.

8.  Work on some more blocks for my 
"Just Takes 2" quilt.

9.  Work on the following BRODY Projects:

Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Small Print
Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Large Print
Civil War Tribute
Two Flag of Valor Quilts
Teal & White Delight
Kwik Krazy Quilt




10.  Work on the quilt currently loaded on Annie:
  "2013 NJ Shop Hop Quilt."


11.  Add some more hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired Christmas Hexie Quilt.



12.  Work on the shawl I am crocheting for 
the Prayer Shawl Ministry at St. David the King Church.


13.  Attend the Quilts for Kids workshop at PQW.


14.  Attend the NJ Quiltfest in Somerset, NJ.


15.  Attend Saturday Sampler at PQW.


16.  Spend a day with little Ryder. :)



Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

4 comments:

  1. You sure have a lot going on, Sharyn! How do you do it all! Such great progress on all the quilting projects. Love seeing all the pics of Ryder at the museum. Looks like he had a blast! What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your list looks like a month or quarter list, not a week. Such beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy lady, I cannot get over how beautiful your quilts are, I especially love the Rhapsody quilt, it is simply stunning. I found you on Let's Bee Social

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! lots of awesome projects going on. love your wildflower rhapsody quilt!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete