About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, December 2, 2013

Make-A-List Monday

The Week of November 25, 2013
(in review)

1.  Choose a winner for the Blog Hop Party with Give Aways.

Patricia is the winner of the two charm packs.



Patricia wrote:  "Happy Thanksgiving!  Thanks for a great giveaway.  I'm a new follower."

Congratulations Patricia! 

 Patricia has been notified and these lovely charm packs will be off to the post office in the near future.


2.  Start working on the first clue for Bonnie Hunter's new online mystery



Here are a few of the blocks I have finished so far.  For the first clue we are making triangle in a square units in a blue/neutral colorway and a blue/orange colorway.  I am doing the smaller quilt so I  will need 96 blue/orange units and 92 blue/neutral units.

 I haven't finished all of the units for this clue yet, but hopefully they will be done before the next clue is released on Friday.


3.  Finish writing the Show & Tell Tuesday posts that were unfinished last week.

I was able to finish eleven Show & Tell Tuesday posts. 

 Watch for them over the next few months.


4.  Finish the Make It Snappy scarves started last week.

My scarves are almost done.  I will post pictures as soon as they are all complete.

5.  Work on two more Wildflower Rhapsody blocks.


I have now finished twelve blocks for this quilt.

6.  Continue to work through my Flylady inspired Christmas Control Journal.

I did a lot of decorating this weekend for Christmas and
 I baked quite a few chocolate chip and snicker-doodle cookies.

Yum, Yum!!

7.  Finish the Christmas tree skirt recently quilted on my long arm quilting machine, Annie.

No progress

8.  Complete the next two blocks for the Byrne $5 quilt.

No Progress

9.  Work on some hemming and mending of garments that has been piling up.

No Progress

10.  Bind the Christmas Tree Log Cabin wall hanging recently quilted on Annie.

No Progress

11.  Cut up a bag of scraps I've accumulated over the last few weeks.

No Progress

12.   Work on the following BRODY Projects:

Blue Dresden Plate Quilt
Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Small Print
Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Large Print
Blue Palace
Meadow - A Christmas Quilt
*Jungle Fever
*Civil War Tribute
Aunt Josephine's Pride Mini Quilt
Two Flag of Valor Quilts

I worked on my Jungle Fever quilt and I finished four Civil War Tribute blocks.




I have decided not to do the Blue Dresden Plate Quilt and the Aunt Josephine's Pride Mini Quilt.

I will donate the blocks I have finished so far to Quilts for Kids.

13.  Work on the quilt currently loaded on Annie - 
Quilts for Kids  9-Patch on Point.

My 9-Patch on Point quilt is complete.




I will drop this cuddle quilt off at our Quilts for Kids Workshop this week.

14.  Add some more hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired
 Christmas Hexie Quilt. 

I was able to add a handful of hexies this week.

15.  Work on the shawl I am crocheting for 
the Prayer Shawl Ministry at St. David the King Church.

Just a little progress.

16.  Spend Thanksgiving at my dear in-law's house with one of my children, my DD Shea.  My two sons will be on opposite coasts...Kyle in Boston and JT in California.  I will miss you both, as well as Heather and Ryder terribly, but I am sooooo thankful to have you in my life.  


Kyle, Heather and Ryder had a great time in Boston visiting Heather's relatives.

Kyle, Heather and Ryder



JT and Kaela traveled to California to visit Kaela's family.

They enjoyed a wine tour in the Napa Valley.



This is the redwood in Kaela's front yard.




JT enjoying the sights around AT&T Park...where the San Francisco Giants play baseball.




Kayaking in McCovey Cove.



A beautiful California sunset.


All of my family is back home safe and sound and now I can stop worrying.....as if!





The Week of December 2, 2013

1.  Finish the first clue for Bonnie Hunter's new online mystery


and start working on the second clue to be released on Friday.

2.  Finish the Make It Snappy scarves started last week.

3.  Finish the Christmas tree skirt recently quilted on my long arm quilting machine, Annie.

4.  Bind the Christmas Tree Log Cabin wall hanging recently quilted on Annie.

5.  Work on the center block for Wildflower Rhapsody.

6.  Continue to work through my Flylady inspired Christmas Control Journal.

7.  Complete the next two blocks for the Byrne $5 quilt.

8.  Work on some hemming and mending of garments. 

9.  Cut up a bag of scraps I've accumulated over the last few weeks.

10.  Prepare month 3 for the Civil War Tribute quilt.

11.  Work on the following BRODY Projects:

Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Small Print
Four-Patch Stacked Posies...Large Print
Blue Palace
Meadow - A Christmas Quilt
Jungle Fever
Civil War Tribute
Two Flag of Valor Quilts

12.  Work on the quilt currently loaded on Annie - 
All Hand Dyes Go Together.

13.  Add some more hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired
 Christmas Hexie Quilt. 

14.  Work on the shawl I am crocheting for 
the Prayer Shawl Ministry at St. David the King Church.

15.  Spend three days with my main guy, Ryder...including a sleepover!

Yay Me!!!

16.  Attend the Quilts for Kids workshop held at Pennington Quilt Works.

17.  Attend the annual Holiday Craft Show at 
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School.



Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment