About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Show & Tell Tuesday

Show & Tell Tuesday

Today I will share two quilts that I made in the past few years.


Carolina Crush


 This is a quilt pattern offered by Bonnie Hunter in 2009 as one of her fall mysteries.  She called her quilt Carolina Christmas and it was made with red, green and neutrals.





     Bonnie designed this quilt in an attempt to use up red and green recycled fabrics, blending them with Christmas fabrics and other neutral scraps.  She used mostly scraps from her 2 1/2" strip bins.





I love the pieced border.


                                                              



It was my first attempt at making a scrappy quilt but I was not as adventurous as Bonnie.  My quilt is controlled scrappy.  





I finished my quilt in 2010.  It measures 96" X 96".

The pattern now appears in Bonnie's book:


This book is available HERE.



Autumn Chevron


The above quilt, Autumn Chevron, was also a mystery quilt.  I made this quilt in 2009 at Pennington Quilt Works.  



It is made completely with HST and two borders.  The finished quilt measures 54" X 78".  

I love to decorate with this quilt in the fall.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

1 comment:

  1. both are lovely, but it was the circular quilting on the chevrons that really jumped out at me.

    ReplyDelete