About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Show & Tell Tuesday

Show & Tell Tuesday

Today I have two quilts to share; both of which were started at 
Pennington Quilt Works.

Lone Star


Lone Star (so named because of the one large Lone Star block found near the center of the quilt) is a large, beautiful quilt that has both piecing and machine applique.


Here are some close-up pictures of different parts of the quilt.







This is one of the two quilts I made at the 2009 PQW Saturday Sampler program.  I used many scrappy civil war reproduction fabrics for this quilt.  It even has a scrappy neutral background.



I completed the piecing and quilting on this quilt in 2010.  It measures 
84" X 86".  


Dogwood Days


Dogwood Days is a mystery quilt by Debbie Caffrey of Creative Moments.  

The pattern was entitled Undercover in Long Beach III.  I changed the name of the quilt to coincide with the dogwood fabric I used.

It is a "choose your own ending" quilt.  Once the blocks are complete you may set them in a variety of ways.  You are also free to change the borders in any way that you choose.

I was originally scheduled to attend this mystery class right when 
Hurricane Irene hit New Jersey in 2011.  Because of the severe flooding I was unable to attend.  It was rescheduled for a later date.



The finished quilt measures 48" X 55".  I pieced the backing from leftover 
10 1/2" squares.  It was completed in 2011.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilts. Fantastic quilting.
    Greetings from germany, Grit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are beautiful, but I especially love that first one! Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete