About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Show & Tell Tuesday

Show & Tell Tuesday

I have a quilt and a bed runner to share today.


Mexican Winter Star


I made the quilt above at a class in Allentown, NJ.  


Mexican Winter Stars is a unique wall hanging using the designer's 
"straight seam piecing with curved results" method.


This wall hanging was made in 2008.  It was one of the first quilts I've ever made.  It measures 35" X 35".



The pattern is available HERE.



Serene Strips


Serene Strips was made from a Jelly Roll.  One Jelly Roll was enough fabric to make two bed runners.  I made another one for my DMIL for Mother's Day last year (2012).  




Nothing could be more simple than this bed runner.  It was designed by Kathy Brown and it measures 92" X 36".  This pattern can easily be adapted for any bed size.  This size is perfect for a king sized bed.

I LOVE the way this bed runner looks at the end of my bed.  I use it every spring.   I would love to make one for the other three seasons of the year.  

The pattern appears in the book:


by Kathy Brown and it is available at Barnes & Noble.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

1 comment:

  1. Your Mexican Stars look like snowflakes. Great selection of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete