About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Soup-athon

Butternut Squash & Baby Spinach Soup





  • 2  T.            Butter
  • 1/2 C.          Sweet Onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves       Garlic, minced
  • 4 1/2 C.        Butternut Squash, peeled and diced
  • 2                 Large Carrots, diced ( about 1 C.)
  • 6 C.             Chicken Broth
  • 1/4 t.           Ground Cinnamon
  • 1 Pkg.          Baby Spinach Leaves (6 oz) washed

1.  Heat the butter in a 6-quart sauce pan over medium-high heat.  Add the onion and cook until tender.  Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.  Stir in the squash and carrots.  Cook for 5 minutes.

2.  Stir in the broth and cinnamon.  Heat to a boil.  Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.  

3.  Add the spinach and stir until the spinach wilts.  Season to taste.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment