Butternut Squash & Baby Spinach Soup
- 2 T. Butter
- 1/2 C. Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 C. Butternut Squash, peeled and diced
- 2 Large Carrots, diced ( about 1 C.)
- 6 C. Chicken Broth
- 1/4 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Pkg. Baby Spinach Leaves (6 oz) washed
1. Heat the butter in a 6-quart sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the squash and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the broth and cinnamon. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the spinach and stir until the spinach wilts. Season to taste.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!