About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, April 1, 2013

Make-A-List Monday

Our Big Announcement!

This has been a blessed Easter weekend for our family.  I am thrilled to be able to announce that my husband, Don, became a full member of our Catholic church at the Easter Vigil service.  



This is a picture of the church before the service.



This is a picture of our family after he was baptized, received first Eucharist and was confirmed.  My DDIL Heather and DGS Ryder were unable to attend because it was too late for Ryder.  My In-laws left at the end of the ceremony so were not available for pictures.  We kept this journey of faith as a surprise to our children.  We told them the news when we went out to dinner before the service.  My husband explained to them that they were his inspiration to become a full member of our church.  We are all so proud of him.





The Week of March 25, 2013
(in review)


1.  Work on the March block for my paper-pieced heart sampler.



The March block is a cat...I'm not sure why.


2.  Work on the first clue of Bonnie Hunter's Quiltmaker Magazine mystery Lazy Sunday.



The first clue is done.  I can't wait for the May/June issue of Quiltmaker magazine for the next clue.

3.  Complete the binding for my Little Baby Boy quilt.

Binding is done.  The next step is to work on a label.  The shower is next weekend so I will post a picture next Monday if our Internet is working..

4.  Complete the March block for the Pieceful Nights Quilt Along at Jo's Country Junction.  




5.  Finish the last 10 string blocks for Roll Roll Cotton Boll.

It is so rewarding to watch this:



become this:



Now, all 60 neutral string blocks are done.  

6.  Make a few more blocks for a black & white sampler quilt I started a few years ago.  

I did not get to complete this.

7.  Make a few more Dear Jane blocks.

I did not finish this either.  


8.  Attach the last 126 Hexies I have completed to the quilt center.



Here are all 595 hexies attached.  


9.  Spend a day with Little Ryder.



My angel!



10.  Attend Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Vigil services at



The Triduum was a wonderful experience for our family!!




I am happy to announce that my hubby finished the steps.






He did a great job!!



The Week of April 1, 2013

1.  Work on Part 4 of Roll Roll Cotton Boll.

2.  Work on a few more blocks for a black and white sampler quilt I started a few years ago.  

3.  Attach a label to my little baby boy quilt.

4.  Work on the April block for the Byrne $5 quilt.

5.  Make a little progress on a UFO I started awhile ago called 
"All Hand Dyes Go Together."

6.  Work on the April Block for my paper-pieced heart Sampler.

7.  Add 21 hexies to my hexie quilt.

8.  Spend two days with Sir Ryder.

9.  Watch the New York Mets play their opening day game and all other games they have scheduled this week.

10.  Attend my Quilts for Kids workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.

11.  Attend the baby shower of my good friend and present her with the quilt I made for her soon-to-be-born baby boy.  




We have been dealing with a lot of Internet issues lately.  Sometimes I think there are monkeys running our cable company.  

If I miss a post on a Monday, please know it is an Internet problem and I will post as soon as our Internet is back online.

So frustrating!!!!

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn



1 comment: