About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, April 22, 2013

Make-A-List Monday

The Week of April 15, 2013
(in review)



1.  Work on the first clue of the Heather Spence Spring Mystery to Benefit Cancer Patients.



Here is the first clue completed.

2.  Work on Part 5 of Roll Roll Cotton Boll.



The fifth clue for Roll Roll Cotton Boll calls for 600 (yes, I said 600) HST!!
I was able to finish 440 of the 600.

3.  Add 21 more hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired Christmas Hexie Quilt.



658 Hexies
4.  Add borders to a BRODY Project called "In a Snap" which is made with a Moda Turnover and a Moda Honeybun.



The borders were added and this quilt top is complete.  I did not have appropriate backing fabric so I had to order it.

5.  Prepare "Going Buggy" for a Brody Project.



For this project I need to make 32 applique blocks like the four shown above.  I have all the blocks prepared.  I will do a blanket stitch applique while playing with Brody.

6.  Work on "All Hand Dyes Go Together" as a BRODY Project.

All blocks and rows are sewn together.  Now I have to sew the rows together for this quilt top.

7.  Try to find time to visit the other 5 NJ Shop Hop quilt stores.

I was able to get to the other five shops this week.  On Monday I went to...




Needles & Pins in Swedesboro, NJ.



The Little Shop in Haddonfield, NJ, and...



The Village Quilter in Mt. Holly, NJ.

On Thursday I went to...



Aardvark Quilt Shop in Morris Plains, NJ, and...



Pennington Quilt Works in Pennington, NJ.

Prize winners were announced and unfortunately I did not win a prize but I did get some wonderful quilt patterns and fabric packs.

8.  Spend a day with sweet Ryder.



We spent the day at the park.

9.  Attend Byrne Sewing Connection for the "2013 $5 Quilt" class.


I went to Byrne the same day I went to Aardvark and PQW.


10.  Go out to lunch with my Dear Aunt Kathy.


We had a wonderful lunch and visit on Friday.


11.  Celebrate my two son's birthdays.  


We had a great joint birthday celebration on Saturday.  The movie "42" was VERY good.  I highly recommend it.



The Week of April 22, 2013

1.  Finish part 5 of Roll Roll Cotton Boll, a Bonnie Hunter mystery.

2.  Complete part 2 of Heather Spence's Mystery Quilt to 
Benefit Cancer patients.

3.  Finish piecing the BRODY Project, "All Hand Dyes Go Together."

4.  Gather sashing and border fabric to finish a quilt of blocks given to me by my DMIL a few years ago.

5.  Choose a pattern from the 2013 NJ Shop Hop to make.

6.  Paper Piece the April block for my heart sampler.

7.  Make the April block for "Pieceful Nights" a quilt along with
 Kelli and Jo Kramer.

8.  Work on Clue #2 of Bonnie Hunter's Mystery found in
 Quiltmaker magazine.

9.  Prepare the BRODY Project, "In a Snap" for quilting. 

10.  Continue to work on the BRODY Project, "Going Buggy."

11.  Add 21 hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired Christmas Hexie Quilt.

12.  Spend a day with dear, little Ryder.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment