About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, September 17, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Make-A-List Monday

We had a wonderful time at the wedding this weekend.  The weather was perfect and the venue was amazing.  It was a great time with family and special friends!

Unfortunately my sports teams went 0 for the weekend.  The WWPHS Pirate football team lost, the Trojans lost, the Mets lost, the Jets lost and the Cowboys lost.  UGH!!!  Hopefully this week will bring some wins.  


The Week of September 10, 2012
(in review)

1.  Work on some Dear Jane blocks.  I was able to finish eight blocks and two triangles.




My current numbers are: 

 160 out of 169 blocks
    40 out of 52 triangles
0 out of 4 corners
4,244 out of ? pieces

The end is in sight.  I say that even though I am still probably about a year away from completing this incredible quilt journey.  


2.  Finish 4 more Craftsy Block of the Month blocks.





I am now all caught up with this BOM.  October should bring some paper-piecing blocks.

3.  Start Shea's gray, yellow and white quilt.


I am currently working on Shea's quilt.  Here is a picture of two of the 35 blocks.  

4.  Attend the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza XIX in Oaks, PA.




Here are a few pictures from my day at the Extravaganza.  The quilts were gorgeous.  Hopefully I will be able to share some of the pictures of the quilts in a future Wordless Wednesday.
\
5.  Attend my friend's, Ali and Tim, wedding in Philadelphia, PA.



The Catholic ceremony was held in St. Philip Neri Church on Queen Street.  


The bride and groom were gorgeous and soooo in love.


The bean bags were a hit at the outdoor cocktail hour at the Philadelphia Horticulture Center.

Best wishes to the bride and groom!


6.  Load a quilt on Annie and begin quilting it.  I have loaded a quilt and will try to work on it a little each day.




The Week of September 17, 2012


1.  Attend a Mets game at Citi Field.  


This is a picture from our first trip to Citi Field.  

My son Kyle has tickets to the Mets/Phillies game tonight.  We will sit in the sixth row behind home plate.  We have been fortunate to get really good seats to a lot of the baseball games, football games and concerts we attend.  My son's job with the New York Yankees comes with lots of perks that he shares with us. 

 Let's Go METS!!!

2.    Continue to work on Shea's gray, yellow and white quilt.  Everything is cut out for this quilt.  Now I just have to piece and quilt it. 

3.  Spend some time with my new embroidery machine learning how to use the embroidery unit.

4.  Work on my two September blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along.

5.  Work on an English Paper Piecing project I started about five years ago.  This is the ultimate UFO.  It has been on the back burner for a while now and it is time to pull it out and finish it.  

Until Next Time...Happy Stitching

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment