About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, September 10, 2012

Make-A-List Monday


Make-A-List Monday


The Week of September 3, 2012
(in review)



In honor of the USC Trojans, I will make my To Do list using the colors of Cardinal and Gold.

1.  Attend the Syracuse vs. USC  football game at MetLife Stadium.  

TROJANS WIN!!!



What a GREAT day this was.  We arrived at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ early and were serenaded by the The Syracuse Orange marching band. 



We were also greeted by this great graphic on the video board.


We got to watch the teams warm-up,


and storm the field.



The coin flip...



For some reason I had about 50 pictures of my favorite player, quarterback Matt Barkley.






Some of the marching band members and USC Song Girls made the trip to the east coast.



Even Tommy Trojan made the trip...but not Traveler, the noble, white horse that Tommy rides at all home games.


This is a picture of the statue of Traveler I took last summer when I was on campus.



We suffered through a 70 minute delay during halftime for inclement weather but it did not dampen the spirit of the thousands of Trojan fans in attendance.  In fact, by my estimation there were far more Cardinal and Gold fans than Orange fans.  I hope the next time I get to see USC play, it will be in the Coliseum.  


2.  Work on some of the Craftsy Blocks of the Month that I have missed.

I was able to finish four blocks.





I would have done more but I need to get a few specialty rulers.

3.  Attend Quilts for Kids at PQW. This month we are working on quilts with a fall/Halloween theme.

4.  Complete the Binding on Kathy's Memory Quilt.

Kathy's quilt is complete and delivered.  Here are a few pictures.







Happy Birthday Little Zoe`!!

5.  Attend PQW Saturday Sampler class.   Class was held outside this month which was a surprise.  

6.  Get my dryer repaired.  Still no dryer.  We have been without a dryer since August 13th.  The repairman is coming back today with another part. I think he is rebuilding my dryer one part at a time.  Hopefully this time it will work.

7.  Make the bean bags for the wedding on September 15th.  

Twenty-four gold, orange and white bean-bags complete.


8.  Make some potholders for Shea.  


Shea chose the fabric and I used a pattern from Riley Blake Designs.  Bring on the chocolate chip cookies!!

9.  Try once again to start Shea's Gray, Yellow and White quilt.  I still haven't begun this project.  I was all set to go but I was unable to pre-wash the fabric so this is still on hold.



The Week of September 10, 2012

1.  Work on some Dear Jane blocks.

2.  Finish 4 more Craftsy Block of the Month blocks.

3.  Start Shea's gray, yellow and white quilt.

4.  Attend the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza XIX in Oaks, PA.

5.  Attend my friend's, Ali and Tim, wedding in Philadelphia, PA.

6.  Load a quilt on Annie and begin quilting it.

That is all I am going to plan for this week.  If I can finally get started on Shea's quilt, that will take a lot of my time.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment