This has been a VERY big week in our family. I am pleased to introduce
Ryder Kyle Hutchinson
my first Grandchild.
He is gorgeous and we are so happy to welcome him to our family.
The next announcement is the naming of our little puppy.
Brody is definitely keeping us busy but not as busy as Kyle and Heather with little Ryder.
Because of all the arrivals in my life last week I have not completed much on my list. But let's get to it and see what I got done:
The Week of June 11, 2012
1. Play with and love our new little puppy. Give him a name. Take him to the vet for his 8 week appointment. All of these things were completed with love. I can't believe how complicated raising a puppy is these days. When I was growing up the most important things we had to remember was to feed them and keep them out of the road. We are looking forward to this adventure of raising little Brody. He has already grown in the week that we have had him.
2. Prepare another Leader/Ender project with the Sage and cream fabric I have been collecting.
I have the cream fabric prepared. Now I am working on the sage fabric. It is amazing how many shades of sage there are. I am in the precess of weeding out those fabrics that are too light or too blue-ish.
3. Complete the borders on my Heather Spence Mystery Quilt.
This is a picture of only the top. It has not been quilted yet. I am running about 6 months behind in my quilting so it will probably be done by the end of the year.
4. Try once again to complete the two blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along...Corn & Beans.
I love the way these blocks turned out.
Here is a picture of the blocks in black & white. I am including it because it shows the pattern so well.
5. Work on the four quilts I am doing for Quilts for Kids. I did not get to this but I have until July 10th to complete them.
6. Begin work on Baby Boy Hutchinson's "Good Wishes" quilt. Well, now we know that "Baby Boy Hutchinson" is Ryder Kyle Hutchinson. I did not get to his memory quilt but will soon.
The Week of June 18, 2012
1. Work on the four quilts I am doing this month for Quilts for Kids.
2. Finish preparing the sage and cream fabric for a Leader/Ender project.
3. Begin work on Ryder's "Good Wishes" quilt.
4. Work on PQW Saturday Sampler blocks for June.
5. Start doing the prep work for the Bonnie K. Hunter classes I will take at Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA in July. I will be taking a lunch lecture and two full day classes with Bonnie. The first class is called Tumalo Trail.
The second class is called Smith Mountain Morning.
I am so excited about taking these classes
and meeting Bonnie K. Hunter.
I'm sure I will not complete all of these things but it is good to be ambitious.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!