About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, October 29, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - October 2018

As October comes to an end, it is time for another Make-A-List Monday.  

I have been so lucky (?) to see lots of wildlife on my daily walks.


A fuzzy caterpillar...


























A white squirrel...







This sign of wildlife was not seen on my daily walk, but rather in my backyard.



So sweet to see a mama raccoon and her little one :)

We celebrated my DDIL Heather's birthday this month... 

with a yummy hibachi dinner.

We celebrated my birthday as well...
This is a picture of me with my sweet daughter, Shea.

Kyle, Heather and the boys sent me this beautiful fall arrangement...


My son, JT, and his wife, Kaela, were very busy this month and were unable to get home.
Here they are at a wedding in upstate New York.

JT had a work function at the Philadelphia Zoo.  Unfortunately Mother Nature had other ideas...

We received my daughter's wedding pictures.  I am still planning on doing a wedding post, but until then here is a sneak peek at one of the pictures of the handsome couple.

Now on to my list...

October 2018
(in review)

1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the QFK workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.




2.  Attend PQW Saturday Sampler class and complete block.




3.  Leader/Ender Projects -

     
Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt :
On Ringo Lake 

and
  Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt: 
En Provence  

Here are the final blocks for En Provence.  




Next step - sashing strips.


4.  Make some fun projects with my Cricut.


We are going to Disney in November.  I made eleven matching shirts for our family trip.  Here is my grandson, Jace, modeling his shirt.





5.  Just Takes 2





6.  A few blocks from Amy Gibson's
The Quilt Block Cookbook 




7.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge 
by Pat Sloan



8.  Dancing Stars



9.  The Patchwork Quilt Along by
 The Fat Quarter Shop



10.  The Blazing Star - the Craftsy 2017 Block of the Month

This quilt top is complete.  Thank God!  I can't say it was one of my favorites.  I ran into problems all along the journey to completing this top.  It measures 99" x 99" - which is why I photographed it outside on my lawn.


11.  Julie Herman's Toes in the Sand quilt

Toes in the Sand is also a completed top and ready to be quilted.




No progress on the following Green highlighted projects...

12.  Work on some blocks from Bonnie Hunter's quilt Garden Party, started in Hershey July 2018.

13.  Folk Stitches

14.  Basketweave from Quilted Living

15.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks

16.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler

17.  Quilt Square Quilt Along

18.  Zippy Strippy Bags

19.  Striped Table Runner

20.  Mini Mosaic Quilt

21.  Double Twisted Wreath Fall/Christmas

22.  Christmas Wall Hanging

23.  Fall Quilt Panels

24.  Chock Full O' Charms

25.  Black Pouch

26.  Folded Placemat

27.  Kuddle Kwilts

28.  Crazy Eights



November 2018

1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the QFK workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.

2.  Attend PQW Saturday Sampler class and complete blocks.


3.  Leader/Ender Projects -

     
Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt :
On Ringo Lake 

and
  Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt: 
En Provence  

4.  Make some fun projects with my Cricut.


5.  Start thinking about a pattern for Jace's big boy bed quilt.


6.  Just Takes 2



7.  A few blocks from Amy Gibson's
The Quilt Block Cookbook 

8.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge 
by Pat Sloan

9.  Dancing Stars

10.  The Patchwork Quilt Along by
 The Fat Quarter Shop



11.  Work on some blocks from Bonnie Hunter's quilt Garden Party, started in Hershey July 2018.

12.  Folk Stitches

13.  Basketweave from Quilted Living

14.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks

15.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler

16.  Quilt Square Quilt Along

17.  Zippy Strippy Bags

18.  Striped Table Runner

19.  Mini Mosaic Quilt

20.  Double Twisted Wreath Fall/Christmas

21.  Christmas Wall Hanging

22.  Fall Quilt Panels

23.  Chock Full O' Charms

24.  Black Pouch

25.  Folded Placemat

26.  Kuddle Kwilts

27.  Crazy Eights

28.  Vacation Watermelon Quilt

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment