About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday (Grandmother's Sampler & Follow the Yellow Brick Road)

Show & Tell Tuesday

Grandmother's Sampler

I made Grandmother's Sampler as a BOM from a shop called Kindred Quilts.  Unfortunately, Kindred Quilts has since closed it's doors, as many quilt shops have done.  

This quilt was designed by Lori Smith.  The pattern can be found HERE.  




I completed this quilt in  2012 and it finishes at 73" square.



Follow the Yellow Brick Road



I  named this quilt Follow the Yellow Brick Road because of the way the yellow fabric winds its way through the quilt.  

I have searched and searched, but I can not find the pattern that I used.  All I am really sure of is that it was made from a charm pack or two and some yardage for the "road" and the borders.  



I completed Follow the Yellow Brick Road in 2012 and it measures 52" X 68".  

Linking up with: 

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

2 comments:

  1. Both are great quilts! Kudos to you for getting labels on your quilts. I have great intentions but no follow through! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Follow the Yellow Brick road quilt... when I finally figured out why it looked better than other rail fence quilts it is because of the lighter yellow. It gives a good eye line to follow but it isn't so strong that it detracts from the rest. Very nice choice of colors on this one.

    ReplyDelete