About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday - Mountain Music & Row by Row

Show & Tell Tuesday

It has been A LONG time since I've done Show & Tell Tuesday.

I have two quilts to share today.


Mountain Music



Marti Michell was the designer for this Block of the Month quilt. 

 It was offered by Backdoor Quilts.

Marti originally named her design Medallion L, but I decided to rename my version after the name of one of the larger blocks around the perimeter of the quilt.



I completed my Mountain Music quilt in 2011 and it measures 94" X 94".



Row by Row


I made this pretty sampler quilt in a six week class offered by
 Pennington Quilt Works.  

We were told to bring a focus fabric and then a lot of fabrics that complimented the focus fabric.

My focus fabric was the pansy border fabric.  Each week we worked on the blocks for one row.  Our home work was to finish those blocks and to bring more fabric to compliment the focus fabric.  

During the last week our instructor taught us how to alter the blocks to make even rows and how to sash each row.



I completed my Row by Row sampler in 2010 and it measures 52" X 60".


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment