About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Show & Tell Tuesday

I have two quilts to share today.

Enjoy!!!

Doubly Crazy


The pattern for this quilt was originally a Glorified Nine-Patch and I used these Omnigrid templates: 

 Double Wedding Ring and the Double Wedding Ring Add-On.




I changed the pattern a lot in that I did not make 9 patches; instead I used a Thimbleberries fabric that was designed to look like crazy quilting.  


I took the concept one step farther.  I backed all of my centers with tear away interfacing and then I used the decorative stitches on my Viking machine to try to make it look like actual crazy quilting.  

I'm not sure if I accomplished what I set out to do, and honestly, it was a lot more work than I thought it would be.  But I like the effect and I am glad I attempted it.  



I made this quilt in 2009 before I knew better...haha.  It also has curved piecing which can be very challenging for me.  
The finished quilt measures 46" X 54".  

I named it "Doubly Crazy" because it combines the double wedding ring templates with mock crazy quilting.  Another reason it was so named is that it drove me double crazy while I was making it.




Sharyn's Garden



This quilt was originally called "Debbie's Garden" and it was offered as a $5 BOM at Byrne Sewing Connection.  


I purchased it as a kit because the BOM was completed by the time I found this nice shop located in Doylestown, PA.

Unfortunately the kit was incomplete and the shop no longer had the fabric I needed to reproduce the quilt.  

I had to redesign the quilt setting using the blocks I made from the kit.   I was able to find some of the missing fabric online.  I improvised with the rest of the necessary fabric.


Sharyn's Garden was completed in 2011.  It measures 70" X 84".



Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

2 comments: