About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Make-A-List Monday June-August 2018

June-August 2018

Wow...
I haven't done a Make-A-List Monday blog post all summer.

I've been VERY busy this summer getting ready for my daughter, Shea's, wedding.  I will have so much to share about the wedding that took place on 8-10-18, in the near future.   I decided to enjoy the experience of the wedding, rather than taking a lot of pictures.  I've been slowly gathering pictures from family and friends.  Hopefully we will have the photos and videos from the professionals soon, so I can include some of them in my wedding blog post. 


We celebrated Father's Day in June.  This is a candy dish I made for my Dear Father-in-law.


I have been walking A LOT this summer.  Here are some of the pictures I took on my travels...


Storm Damage...



Wildlife...















Maurice Hawk School construction...


I took a tumble one day.  I tripped over this slightly raised 
sidewalk.





A quick trip to my doctor proved no broken bones, thank God, but I did break my cell phone screen and pull my hamstring. 

It's been exactly one month since I fell and I still have a lot of pain in my hamstring.  I'm powering through it though, as I continue to walk 5-8 miles almost every day.


Here are a few pictures of JT and Kaela's pup, Thira...just because she is so cute :)













I made some thank you cards for Shea's Maids of Honor.  I hope they like them!



(I'm sorry I scratched out the notes I wrote, but they were personal.)


My Cricut has been keeping me busy when I'm not with Ryder, Logan & Jace or quilting.

My first Mandala...

My first t-shirt, made for my husband, Don, for his birthday...


Some monogram stickers made for Shea...
With her new monogram.

A zentangle for my tote bag... 
This was so much fun to make...and so much weeding!  I love the teal glitter HTV!  :)


Now, onto my list...

June - August 2018

(In Review)

1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the QFK workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.


I was able to attend QFK twice over the last three months.  Here are the quilts we collected on the days I attended our workshop.  We are well on our way to making and donating 2000 quilts.


2.  Leader/Ender Projects - 
 Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt :
On Ringo Lake 

and
  Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt: 
En Provence  

I've finished six En Provence quilt blocks over the past three months.  This makes a total of eleven blocks complete - five to go.


3.  Attend PQW Saturday Sampler class and complete blocks.

Here are the two blocks I completed this summer...



4.  Work on TONS of Cricut wedding projects for Shea and Ricky's Wedding.

I have been very busy this summer making all kinds of things for the wedding.  I am going to do a separate blog post with pictures of all the things I made and pictures from the wedding.  Here is a sneak peek at one of the signs I painted.


5.  Attend Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA.  Participate in a Bonnie Hunter class.

We had a wonderful time on our annual trip to Hershey. 
 I have a lot of pictures of
 Ryder & Logan at Hershey Park in this
 July Awesome Adventures post.  These are pictures from my quilting class and some of the quilts that were on display.













I spied Bonnie Hunter's car in the parking lot at Hershey Lodge.  You can't miss that license plate!



QUILTS!!!





We had beautiful weather while we were in Hershey.

But a few days after we left, there was severe flooding in the area.  


It was so bad that the amusement park had to close for a few days.  

We were very lucky to be able to get our mini vacation in before the rains came.

6.  The Blazing Star - the Craftsy 2017 Block of the Month




7.  Julie Herman's Toes in the Sand quilt


I have two more blocks to make for this quilt and then I can start to put it all together.

8.  Just Takes 2



No progress on the Green highlighted projects.


9.  Dancing Stars

10.  The Patchwork Quilt Along by
 The Fat Quarter Shop

11.  A few blocks from Amy Gibson's
The Quilt Block Cookbook 

12.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge 
by Pat Sloan


13.  Folk Stitches

14.  The Children's Library - a mystery quilt by Pat Sloan


15.  Basketweave from Quilted Living

16.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks

17.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler

18.  Quilt Square Quilt Along

19.  Zippy Strippy Bags

20.  Striped Table Runner

21.  Double Twisted Wreath Fall/Christmas

22.  Christmas Wall Hanging

23.  Fall Quilt Panels

24.  Chock Full O' Charms

25.  Black Pouch

26.  Folded Placemat

27.  Kuddle Kwilts

28.  Crazy Eights


September 2018

1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the QFK workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.

2.  Attend PQW Saturday Sampler class and complete blocks.

3.  Leader/Ender Projects -
     
Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt : 
On Ringo Lake 

and
  Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt: 
En Provence  

4.  Make some fun projects with my Cricut.


5.  A few blocks from Amy Gibson's
The Quilt Block Cookbook 

6.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge 
by Pat Sloan

7.  Dancing Stars

8.  The Patchwork Quilt Along by
 The Fat Quarter Shop

9.  The Children's Library - a mystery quilt by Pat Sloan


10.  The Blazing Star - the Craftsy 2017 Block of the Month

11.  Julie Herman's Toes in the Sand quilt

12.  Just Takes 2

13.  Work on some blocks from Bonnie Hunter's quilt Garden Party, started in Hershey July 2018.

14.  Folk Stitches

15.  Basketweave from Quilted Living

16.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks

17.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler

18.  Quilt Square Quilt Along

19.  Zippy Strippy Bags

20.  Striped Table Runner

21.  Double Twisted Wreath Fall/Christmas

22.  Christmas Wall Hanging

23.  Fall Quilt Panels

24.  Chock Full O' Charms

25.  Black Pouch

26.  Folded Placemat

27.  Kuddle Kwilts

28.  Crazy Eights

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment