Classic Chicken and Rice Soup
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 t. canola oil
- 1/4 C. chopped onion
- 1/2 C. chopped carrot
- 1/2 C. chopped celery
- 5-6 C. chicken broth
- 1/2 C. uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 t. dried rosemary
- 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
- Grill the chicken breast tenders until they are cooked completely through. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook 5 minutes until the vegetables become tender.
- Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables in the pot, and add the rice, rosemary, and black pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer just long enough to warm the chicken.