About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Soup-athon

Classic Chicken and Rice Soup


  • 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
  • 1 t. canola oil
  • 1/4 C. chopped onion
  • 1/2 C. chopped carrot
  • 1/2 C. chopped celery
  • 5-6 C. chicken broth
  • 1/2 C. uncooked long-grain white rice
  • 1/2 t. dried rosemary
  • 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper

  1. Grill the chicken breast tenders until they are cooked completely through.  Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.  Set aside.
  2. Heat the canola oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium high heat.  Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook 5 minutes until the vegetables become tender.
  3. Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables in the pot, and add the rice, rosemary, and black pepper.
  4. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.  Add the chicken and simmer just long enough to warm the chicken.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment