About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, April 1, 2019

Make-A-List Monday - March 2019 in review

March is such a long month but this year it seemed 
to fly by.  

Even so, I still can't wait until summer.  I saw this at Hobby Lobby and it is so true for me...

This is not a picture of summer but it was still a beautiful, but cold day in March...

Our sweet Thira had surgery this month.
She is doing better now, but she sure was a sore puppy for a few days.

We celebrated three family birthdays this month - 
PopPop
Uncle Mike 
Uncle Ricky

My Quilts for Kids group celebrated the donation of 2000 quilts with a lovely luncheon.



My Dear Husband worked the clock/scoreboard for his last basketball game of his career this month. I wonder how many games he kept the scoreboard over his 39 years!?!

I took a wonderful trip to Lancaster, PA for the
 AQS Quilt Show and 
The Lancaster Quilt Show.

On my way...I love Silos!

Lancaster Mounted Police

My family went to the Willow Valley Resort quite a few years ago for vacation.  It was wonderful going back and reminiscing. 

I remember this large room fondly, but most of the original Willow Valley Resort had been demolished and rebuilt.  :(


Here are few of the quilts on display.




I remember the little chapel so well.  I dreamt that maybe some day one of my children might be married there.  That never happened but it was nice to see it again.






I made a quick trip to Zook's Fabric Store to find fabric for Jace's Big Boy Quilt.  

This is what I found.

I also came home with a very unexpected purchase. 
Meet my new machine - 
 Bernina 570QE

I've only had a little time to play with her but I am already in love. 
 She needs a name - Bernadette perhaps?


Planning in my Happy Planner has also happened this month.  

And finally, a little bit of quilting on Ava...

Quilting with Shawn Mendes -

Quilting with Ariana Grande -


Now - on to my list...

March 2019
(in review)

No progress on Green highlighted projects


1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the QFK workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.


More quilts!


2.  Attend PQW Saturday Sampler Class and complete block


I was not feeling well during the Saturday Sampler weekend but I managed to pick up and finish my block anyway.


3.  Leader/Ender Project -
     
Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt :
On Ringo Lake 






I finished my On Ringo Lake quilt top.









4.  Make some fun things with my Cricut

I did not make anything with my Cricut this month :(

5.  Bonnie Hunter's 2018 Mystery Quilt - Good Fortune








I also finished my Good Fortune quilt top.








6.  Continue to plan for Jace's big boy bed quilt.



I'm anxious to see how these fabrics will come together in this quilt.

7.  Just Takes 2





8.  A few blocks from Amy Gibson's
The Quilt Block Cookbook 


I decided not to make any more blocks from this book.  I have 20 blocks complete.  I took twelve blocks and put them together for a quilt top. 



This is the setting that I used, although this is not my quilt top.  I used different blues and grays in my blocks.  

I still have eight blocks to work with.  I'm considering turning them into either a few baby quilts or a few table runners.

9.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge 

by Pat Sloan



A little more progress on this Halloween quilt.

10.  Dancing Stars

11.  The Patchwork Quilt Along by
 The Fat Quarter Shop





12.  Work on some blocks from Bonnie Hunter's quilt Garden Party, started in Hershey July 2018.

13.  Folk Stitches

14.  Basketweave from Quilted Living

15.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks



16.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler


April 2019

1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the QFK workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.

2.  Attend PQW Saturday Sampler Class and complete block


3.  Leader/Ender Project -
  

Bonnie Hunter's quilt Garden Party, started in Hershey July 2018.  

4.  Make some fun things with my Cricut


5.  Continue to work on Jace's big boy bed quilt.

6.  Just Takes 2


7.  Decide what to do with the eight blocks I have left from Amy Gibson's
The Quilt Block Cookbook 


8.  Dancing Stars


9.  Folk Stitches


10.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge 
by Pat Sloan

11.  The Patchwork Quilt Along by
 The Fat Quarter Shop


12.  Basketweave from Quilted Living

13.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks


14.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment