About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Show & Tell Tueday (Floribunda Rose & Mum's the Word)

Show & Tell Tuesday

Floribunda Rose


In 2012 I discovered the Craftsy Block of the Month online.  The instructor was Amy Gibson - a quilter who was new to me.  I quickly fell in  love with her teaching style.  You can find the pattern HERE.


Amy presented 20 different blocks and I was able to follow along and learn lots of new techniques.  


I used a bundle of floral fabric I had been saving to make each block.  I used Kona Snow for my background fabric.  


The original pattern did not call for borders, but I decided to add them anyway.  Because of this, my quilt went from the original 55" x 68" to 67" x 80".


I completed Floribunda Rose in 2013.


Mum's the Word


Mum's the Word was another Heather Spence Mystery Quilt for a Cause.  The first clue was published online on October 4, 2013.  I made my quilt scrappy but I stayed with a patriotic theme of Red, White, & Blue.  My quilt consists of twelve blocks, each finishing at 12" square.  


I completed Mum's the Word in 2013. 
 It measures 52" x 64".


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment