About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, March 5, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Make-A-List Monday

March is here and it is time for another Make-A-List Monday.  First, let's see how I did with last week's list:

1.  Go to Lancaster for the day.  Those of you who follow my blog know that I spent last Wednesday in Lancaster, PA...my Happy Place!

It was a beautiful late February day with lots of site-seeing.  We visited five fabric shops and had a delicious Amish inspired lunch.

2.  Attend The Quilt Fest of New Jersey in Somerset, NJ.  I was lucky enough to attend the Quilt Fest on both Thursday and Friday. 



The quilts were gorgeous as you will see in my Wordless Wednesday post in two days.  The picture above is just a tease of some of the pictures you will see on Wednesday.

3.  Go to Kindred Quilts in Clinton, NJ for Saturday Sampler class. 


This was the last month for the current Saturday Sampler quilt. 

4.  Make two Dear Jane triangle blocks.


The first triangle was appliqued and the second triangle was paper-pieced.  Currently I have completed 144 blocks and 36 triangles for a total of 3,732 pieces. 

5.  Work on TOP secret Baby Boy Hutchinson quilt. 

This is just a tease of a small portion of the quilt.  It is a secret after all!

Now, for the first Make-A-List Monday list for March...

1.  Finish Baby Boy Hutchinson quilt.  The quilt top is complete; now I have to quilt it.  Because of the nature of the blocks I will have to quilt this on my DSW.  

2.  Visit Pennington Quilt Works for Quilts for Kids and Saturday Sampler.  This is the second month of the current Saturday Sampler.  I am doing both the Stonehenge colorway and the Stella colorway.
 
3.  Meet my Dear Son, JT, for lunch.  I can't wait!!!

4.  Register for classes at Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA for July. 

2011 Best of Show

 There are two classes that I really want to take.  In one there are only 24 seats available.  I sure hope I am one of the lucky people to get in the class.  Registration does not start until March 10th at noon.

5.  Complete two more Dear Jane blocks.

6.  Complete quilting my Jelly Roll Race Quilt.

Jelly Roll Race Quilt

This quilt is made with one jelly roll.  The strips are joined end to end and then it only takes five seams to complete the quilt.









That's it for this Make-A List Monday.  It should be a busy and fun week.


Words of Wisdom

Outer order contributes to inner calm.  By doing a little each day, you can accomplish a lot.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn



No comments:

Post a Comment