About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Show & Tell Tuesday (Surf & Sun, Watermelon Mania)

Show & Tell Tuesday

Surf & Sun
  
In 2013 I discovered Mishka's Playground.  The blog author, Michelle Foster, later renamed her blog and website




I believe this quilt was one of Michelle's first patterns.  She named this quilt Aiming for Accuracy I, but I renamed it Surf & Sun because the yellow and blue batik fabric I used reminded me of the beach.




This quilt design is quite complex, but it was fairly easy to put together because Michelle's directions were so well written. The pattern is available on the 
Aiming for Accuracy website.  I worked on the quilt as Michelle posted the seventeen lessons, approximately one lesson a week.  This Quilt Along was a lot of FUN!


My completed quilt measures 59" x 83".  
It was completed in 2015.



Watermelon Mania


In 2011, my husband and I went on a trip to Arizona and southern California.  We went to see the NY Mets play the Arizona Diamondbacks and the San Diego Padres.

 It was a wonderful baseball trip but we also visited MANY quilt shops in Phoenix and San Diego.  At each shop I collected fat quarters in shades of red and green with this watermelon quilt in mind.




Teri Christopherson designed this quilt in 2001.  The PDF pattern is available at
 Black Mountain Needleworks.  I renamed my quilt Watermelon Mania.  




The log cabin blocks are made in neutrals, reds, greens.   




Each red and neutral log cabin block has three appliqued "watermelon seeds."  The finished block size is 
7 1/2" x 7 1/2".  


I completed Watermelon Mania in 2014.  My finished quilt measures 52" x 60".  


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn






No comments:

Post a Comment