About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Twenty Months in the Life ... A Quilty Pleasures Roundup

I guess the only way to summarize the past 20 months is to just jump in with some photos. In some cases it was not easy choosing only one photo for each month.  Other months I hardly had any from which to choose.  Either way, when I look back on these photos I realize that time really does fly and that we need to enjoy the moment for we never know what the future will bring.


May 2019 


My grandson, Jace's big boy quilt was one of the last quilty things I did before taking my quilting break.  He hasn't used it on his bed yet because he is still in a toddler bed, but soon, I'm sure.


June 2019


My husband, Don, retired after 39 years of teaching in the same school.  It was wonderful to have all three of our children attend his retirement dinner.


July 2019


A beautiful rainbow over our West Windsor house.  Notice all the trees?


August 2019


One of those trees in our backyard decided it was ready to become firewood!


September 2019


We went to Cooperstown, NY for a long weekend.  This beautiful butterfly was at the farmer's museum.


October 2019


JT's great dane puppy, Thira.


November 2019

                           We had a wonderful trip to Disney. Love Pluto!

December 2019


I made my three oldest grandsons ornaments for their Christmas tree.


January/February 2020


Our annual dinner at the Cranbury Inn with some very dear friends.


March 2020


One of the unexpected treasures at our new house was discovering this farmstand a quarter mile down the road.


April 2020


What do you do when the world is on lockdown so there is no place to go?  You find a comfy stitchy spot on the front porch.


May 2020




Home grown tomatoes!


June 2020


I managed to finish quilting this monster quilt that I had been working on for at least four years.


July 2020


Welcome grandson #4...Luca


August 2020


And grandson #5...Caleb


September/October 2020


The sunsets in Hunterdon County are amazing!


November 2020


Cousins meeting for the first time.  Missing sweet Caleb :(


December 2020


Our first Christmas in our new home.


These pictures are only a small snippet of life at Quilty Pleasures over the past 20 months.  Now that I've caught up, it's time to start thinking about my list...  

Stay tuned ;)


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment