About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Show & Tell Tuesday (Eat Your Fruits & Vegetables & Mexican Cross)

Show & Tell Tuesday


Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables


I participated in the New Jersey Shop Hop a few years ago.  I visited all of the quilt shops in New Jersey where I collected fabric packets and quilt patterns.  At the end of the Shop Hop I chose the pattern from
 Mouse Creek Quilts in Howell, NJ.  



Mouse Creek called their quilt Jacob's Vegetable Basket because the quilt block is called 
Jacob's Ladder.  Each 18" block is made from four 9" blocks.  The original pattern calls for a basket weave border but I chose to make a pinwheel border.  


Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables was completed in 2012 and it measures 70" x 70".
This pretty quilt is available for sale in my Etsy Shop
 Quilty Pleasures NJ.  

Mexican Cross

Mexican Cross was a Pennington Quilt Works Stash Club Quilt.  I changed the pattern up a bit by adding sashing, cornerstones, and a border.  The original quilt was only 45" x 54".  With the added sashing and borders my quilt measures 83" x 96". 



Mexican Cross was completed in 2013 and it was quilted on my long arm quilting machine.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment