About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, October 1, 2018

Make-A-List Monday September 2018

The month of September has flown by.  I have been fortunate to get out and enjoy the somewhat cooler weather.  

The construction around Maurice Hawk School continues.  All along, I have had the opinion that this construction is an eyesore and bothersome for all the young children who attend this school.  On Saturday I heard of another perspective.  A young mother explained to me how much her 6 year old son loves to go to school each day because he wants to see the "diggers" and the "balloon animals."  Maybe this construction is only an eyesore to the adults - the children seem to take it all in stride. 






The weather pattern of high humidity and rain continues - as does the proliferation of mushrooms.  I am fascinated by some of the patterns that emerge in nature.   



 A morning moon :)


A beautiful butterfly... 

Deer, deer everywhere!











A beautiful spider web shining in the sunlight.

We traveled to Philadelphia in September to have dinner with JT and Kaela.  


THIRA is getting SO big!!!



I attended the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza in Oaks, PA.  The quilts were amazing as always.



















And some were very thought provoking...



Imagine my surprise to find one of my quilts displayed in the Quilts for Kids booth!

Just this past weekend all Mets fans said "Good bye" to one of the greatest Mets of all time - David Wright.  I will miss seeing these two great ball players  playing side-by-side on the left side of the diamond.  

We also had the pleasure of attending the wedding of my cousin, Christopher and his beautiful bride, Maura.
This is Chris on the left in the white and gray shirt.  In the chairs are my son, Kyle, and my other cousin and Chris's brother, Justin.  Sitting on the floor are my daughter, Shea, and son, JT.  We think the little girl on the couch is another cousin, Melinda.  This picture is at least 25 years old.  HaHa!

The wedding was beautiful.  It was so much fun to get together with family and friends to CELEBRATE!!






And finally, before I get to my list, these are the words of a fellow blogger that were so meaningful to me, so I thought I would share them here on my blog...


On to my list...

September 2018
(in review)

(No progress on the green highlighted projects)

1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the QFK workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.




2.  Attend PQW Saturday Sampler class and complete block.



3.  Leader/Ender Projects -
     
Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt : 
On Ringo Lake 

and
  Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt: 
En Provence  



4.  Make some fun projects with my Cricut.


A t-shirt for little Jace...

A stool for the new Mrs. Laurenzo (my daughter, Shea)  Shea will keep this in her 7th grade reading and language arts classroom.


A "hot-mess" canvas made with the help of my three grandsons - Ryder, Logan & Jace.


5.  A block from Amy Gibson's
The Quilt Block Cookbook 




6.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge by Pat Sloan


7.  Dancing Stars





8.  The Patchwork Quilt Along by
 The Fat Quarter Shop



9.  The Children's Library - a mystery quilt by Pat Sloan



10.  Make a Halloween Bag for Little Jace.




11.  Make "Back-to-School" pillow cases for Ryder and Logan.

Oops...I forgot to take a picture.

12.  The Blazing Star - the Craftsy 2017 Block of the Month





13.  Julie Herman's Toes in the Sand quilt




14.  Just Takes 2

15.  Work on some blocks from Bonnie Hunter's quilt Garden Party, started in Hershey July 2018.

16.  Folk Stitches

17.  Basketweave from Quilted Living

18.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks

19.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler

20.  Quilt Square Quilt Along

21.  Zippy Strippy Bags

22.  Striped Table Runner

23.  Double Twisted Wreath Fall/Christmas

24.  Christmas Wall Hanging

25.  Fall Quilt Panels

26.  Chock Full O' Charms

27.  Black Pouch

28.  Folded Placemat

29.  Kuddle Kwilts

30.  Crazy Eights


October 2018

1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the QFK workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.

2.  Attend PQW Saturday Sampler class and complete blocks.

3.  Leader/Ender Projects -
     
Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt : 
On Ringo Lake 

and
  Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt: 
En Provence  

4.  Make some fun projects with my Cricut.

5.  Just Takes 2


6.  A few blocks from Amy Gibson's
The Quilt Block Cookbook 

7.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge 
by Pat Sloan

8.  Dancing Stars

9.  The Patchwork Quilt Along by
 The Fat Quarter Shop

10.  The Blazing Star - the Craftsy 2017 Block of the Month

11.  Julie Herman's Toes in the Sand quilt

12.  Work on some blocks from Bonnie Hunter's quilt Garden Party, started in Hershey July 2018.

13.  Folk Stitches

14.  Basketweave from Quilted Living

15.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks

16.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler

17.  Quilt Square Quilt Along

18.  Zippy Strippy Bags

19.  Striped Table Runner

20.  Mini Mosaic Quilt

21.  Double Twisted Wreath Fall/Christmas

22.  Christmas Wall Hanging

23.  Fall Quilt Panels

24.  Chock Full O' Charms

25.  Black Pouch

26.  Folded Placemat

27.  Kuddle Kwilts

28.  Crazy Eights

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment