About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, June 18, 2018

Make-A-List Monday May-June 2018

Playing "Catch-Up" is the name of the game lately.  I haven't posted a Make-A-List Monday since April 2nd.  Finding time to quilt has been difficult but my days have been filled with so many equally fun and rewarding activities.

The flowers were blooming in April and May...




























 Beautiful!

The weather was very temperamental this spring.  This is a picture of the sky over Philadelphia that my son, JT, took from the deck of his house.
Spooky!

And speaking of JT...his Great Dane puppy, Thira, continues to grow at record speed.

My daughter-in law, Kaela, was accepted to a VERY prestigious hospital in Louisville, KY, for her hand surgery fellowship.
JT, Kaela, and her family celebrated her accomplishments when JT & Kaela traveled to San Jose to attend her brother and sister's high school graduation in May.  The fellowship will not begin until August 2019 as Kaela finishes her last year of residency.

My wonderful children gave me an amazing Mother's Day gift this year -
a Cricut Maker machine

I haven't had much time to play with it but I have made a few things.


I made these personalized cups for Logan's preschool teachers, Miss Linda & Miss Denise.

I am looking forward to many hours "cricutting" in the future.

Shea and I attended my cousin's bridal shower.  It was a lovely afternoon.
We can't wait to celebrate with Chris and Maura again in September at the wedding!

And now...on to my list -


April-May 2018
(in review)
NO progress on green highlighted projects

1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the QFK workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.







2.  Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt : 
On Ringo Lake 

and
  Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt: 
En Provence  

3.  A wedding quilt for a special daughter and future son-in-law.

Many hours were spent designing this quilt for 
Shea & Ricky. I started with the inspiration found in one of my quilting magazines.  I knew I would need to make changes to the original pattern in order to add the pieced border I had pictured in my mind.
I think it probably took me longer to design the quilt then it did to piece it!

Her initial request for "an all white quilt" was accomplished by putting a solid white backing on the quilt.  This way, if she decides she truly only wants white, she can just flip it over.

I pieced, quilted,

  and bound
for many days until the quilt was complete.














I used my Cricut to make a card



I found just the right basket to wrap the quilt in
and I was ready for her bridal shower.

Cargot Brasserie, a lovely French inspired restaurant, on the Princeton University campus, was the venue.  Sammi Beth & Maureen, Shea's Matrons-of Honor, and all the bridesmaids did an amazing job with decorations, games, favors and FUN.  They picked up on the French vibe of the restaurant and the Paris honeymoon destination.  The beautiful centerpieces were provided by Violet, Ricky's mom.







Shea was surrounded by family...












and friends...












She LOVED her quilt and I am sooo happy she did!


The happy couple...Shea & Ricky.


We can't wait until August!!!

4.  Folk Stitches





5.  The Children's Library - a mystery quilt by Pat Sloan









6.  The Blazing Star - the Craftsy 2017 Block of the Month

7.  Julie Herman's Toes in the Sand quilt

8.  Just Takes 2

9.  Dancing Stars

10.  The Patchwork Quilt Along by
 The Fat Quarter Shop

11.  A few blocks from Amy Gibson's
The Quilt Block Cookbook 

12.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge 
by Pat Sloan

13.  Basketweave from Quilted Living

14.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks

15.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler

16.  Quilt Square Quilt Along

17.  Zippy Strippy Bags

18.  Striped Table Runner

19.  Double Twisted Wreath Fall/Christmas

20.  Christmas Wall Hanging

21.  Fall Quilt Panels

22.  Chock Full O' Charms

23.  Black Pouch

24.  Folded Placemat

25.  Kuddle Kwilts

26.  Crazy Eights




June 2018

1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the QFK workshop at Pennington Quilt Works.


2.  Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt : 
On Ringo Lake 

and
  Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt: 
En Provence  

3.  The Blazing Star - the Craftsy 2017 Block of the Month

4.  Julie Herman's Toes in the Sand quilt

5.  Just Takes 2

6.  Dancing Stars

7.  The Patchwork Quilt Along by
 The Fat Quarter Shop

8.  A few blocks from Amy Gibson's
The Quilt Block Cookbook 

9.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge 
by Pat Sloan


10.  Folk Stitches

11.  The Children's Library - a mystery quilt by Pat Sloan

12.  Basketweave from Quilted Living

13.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks

14.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler

15.  Quilt Square Quilt Along

16.  Zippy Strippy Bags

17.  Striped Table Runner

18.  Double Twisted Wreath Fall/Christmas

19.  Christmas Wall Hanging

20.  Fall Quilt Panels

21.  Chock Full O' Charms

22.  Black Pouch

23.  Folded Placemat

24.  Kuddle Kwilts

25.  Crazy Eights

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment