About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, January 9, 2017

Make-A-List Monday January 2017

Over the past few months my life has been CRAZY!

I haven't been able to quilt since sometime in November and I miss it SOOOO much.


The upside to all the craziness of the holidays, my hubby has had time to do some jobs around the house.


He has painted, torn up carpeting and refinished hardwood floors between Christmas and New Year's in both of my son's bedrooms.  These were the rooms that I used primarily for my quilting.  Because of this I have had to do A LOT of moving and rearranging of all my "stuff."  Both rooms had to be completely emptied so he could get to work.


He did a wonderful job.  I was able to purge a lot of stuff and fit most of my quilty things into one room.  We are in the process of turning the other room into a guest room.  The bed has been ordered and should be available soon.


Now we just want to get a television for the guest room and a throw rug for my quilting studio and I should be in business.


One of the most exciting things that happened during the week between Christmas and New Year's (other than a lot of painting and refinishing) was that my beautiful daughter became engaged to her long time boyfriend.






We are thrilled for them both and can't wait for the planning and celebrating to begin.  We have a bit of a wait though since they are thinking of a July 2018 wedding.


Since I have absolutely nothing completed from my December list, I have decided to just roll it over to my January list with a few changes.  I am so excited to indulge in my Quilt Pleasures again.  I'm sure next month I will have some pictures of actual quilt projects to share.  Any pictures you see in this post are simply pictures from the quilt book or pattern.  These are not my quilts.



January


1.  Piece, quilt, bind and label at least one "Quilts for Kids" quilt.  Attend the 
Quilts for Kids workshop at 
Pennington Quilt Works.

2.  Work on the 2016 Saturday Sampler blocks I missed when I was unable to quilt.  Finish the quilt top.

3.  Christmas Tree Skirt for Shea & Ricky

4.  Two Valances for my sewing studio


 5.  Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt:  En Provence


6.  A few blocks from The Quilt Block Cookbook by Amy Gibson




7.  The 182 Day Solstice Challenge by Pat Sloan

8.  The Children's Library - a Mystery Quilt by Pat Sloan

9.  The Blazing Star - the Craftsy 2017 Block of the Month



10.  Julie Herman's Toes in the Sand Quilt


11.  Just Takes 2

12.  Dancing Stars

13.  Continue working on 'Round the Stars quilt made with my Dear Jane scraps



14.  Civil War Tribute


 15.   Waste Knot


16.  Basketweave from Quilted Living




17.  The not so True History of America Block of the Month by Texas Quiltworks




  18.  Make a quilt for Logan's Big Boy Bed

19.  PQW 2014-15 Saturday Sampler

20.  Baby Quilt #1

21.  Baby Quilt #2

22.  Baby Quilt #3

23.  Baby Quilt #4

24.  Baby Quilt #5

25.  Quilt Square Quilt Along

26.  Zippy Stripy Bags

    27.  Striped Table Runner

28.  Double Twisted Wreath Fall/Christmas

29.  Christmas Wall Hanging


30.  Fall Quilt Panels


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment