About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, March 11, 2013

Make-A-List Monday


The Week of March 4, 2013


(in review)


1.  Attend the Quilts for Kids workshop held at Pennington Quilt Works.




Here are the two quilts I finished this week.  I also cut fabric for another pinwheel quilt to be pieced at the next workshop.


2.  Finish the second block in the Pieceful Nights Quilt-Along with

 Jo's Country Junction.



This block is called Lighthouse.  It is from a quilt designed by Lori Smith.


3.  Bind two quilts that I just finished quilting on Annie.






The binding is sewn to the front but now it needs to be sewn to the back.  UGH!  They can now join the pile of about 20 quilts that also need the same.


4.  Correct and update my Git-R-Done List.




YAY!!!  I think I have fixed my Git-R-Done list glitch and it is again up and running.


5.  Spend two days with DGS Ryder.




I just can't get enough of this little guy!!!


6.  Add 21 more Hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired Christmas Hexie Quilt.



553 Hexies


7.  Do some more work on the Little Baby Boy quilt I started last week.

I am making great progress on this little quilt.  So sorry I can't share pictures yet.  The recipient is a Facebook friend and I don't want to spoil the surprise.


8.  Finish 10 more string blocks of the 60 I need for Roll Roll Cotton Boll from Bonnie Hunter's book String Fling.




I now have 30 of the 60 string blocks needed for this quilt.


9.  Participate in the Blog Hop Party with Give Aways.


 Blog Hop Party with Give-Aways


The Blog Hop started on March 8th.  It goes until March 14th.  I am giving away 3 charm packs.




Harvest Home by Blackbird Designs.


In order to win these charm packs (retail value $27) you must become a follower of my blog.  Check out the blog post HERE.



Here is a picture of the fabrics in the pack.


Good Luck!!!


10.  Do some more work on the Starburst pillow designed by Laura Sage.


I did not get to this project this week.  The fabrics are laundered but that is as far as I have gone.  I think I will put this on hold for a little while...making pillows is not my favorite thing to do.




The Week of March 11, 2013


1.  Continue to work on the Little Baby Boy quilt I am making for a very special MOM-to-Be.

2.  Add 10 more string blocks to make a total of 40 of the 60 needed for Roll Roll Cotton Boll from Bonnie Hunter's book:



3.  Make the March block for the Byrne Sewing Connection $5 quilt.

4.  Work on the January, February and March steps for
 Back to Square One Mystery Quilt
by Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times.

5.  Work on the January, February and March blocks for the Country Threads free online quilt sampler.

6.  Work on the March block for my paper pieced heart sampler.

7.  Quilt the English Paper Pieced Sampler Wall Hanging that I finished piecing in September 2012.


8.  Add 21 Hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired Christmas Hexie Quilt.

9.  Spend a day and a weekend with my favorite DGS Ryder.   

10.  Attend 3 quilt shows in Lancaster, PA.  It is Quilt Show Week in Lancaster, PA.  Here are the shows that I plan on attending:

2013 AQS Quilt Show at the Lancaster County Convention Center

Lancaster Spring Quilt Show at the Host Hotel

The Lancaster Quilt Show at The Continental Hotel

In the past I have been able to go to all three shows in a day.  I will try to do the same this year but if not, i have reserved two days in my week for these shows.  

Well that's my week!  What do you have planned this week?

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment