About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Soup-athon

Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup



  •               Vegetable Cooking Spray
  • 1 lb         Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 3 1/2 C    Chicken Broth
  • 1 t.         Ground Cumin
  • 1/2 C       Uncooked Regular Long-Grain White Rice
  • 1 can       Whole Kernel Corn, with Red & Green Peppers, drained (11oz)
  • 1 C          Chunky Salsa
  • 1 T.         Chopped Fresh Cilantro Leaves
  • 2 T.         Fresh Lime Juice
  •               *Crisp Tortilla Chips
1.  Spray a 6-quart sauce pot with cooking spray.  Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute.  Add the chicken to the sauce pot.  Cook until it's browned, stirring often.

2.  Stir in the broth, cumin and rice.  Heat to a boil.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cover and cook for 20 minutes.

3.  Stir in the corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice.  Cook until the rice is tender.  Top each serving with *Crisp Tortilla Strips.

*Crisp Tortilla Strips:  Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.  Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place them on a baking sheet.  Spray with cooking spray.  Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment