About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, November 23, 2012

Foodie Friday

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies




  • 1 C       Granulated Sugar
  • 1 C       Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 C    Butter - softened (1 stick)
  • 1/2 C    Shortening
  • 1 t.        Baking Soda
  • 1 t.        Cinnamon
  • 1 t.        Vanilla
  • 1/2 t.     Baking Powder
  • 1/2 t.     Salt
  • 2           Eggs
  • 3 C        Quick Oats
  • 2 C        Flour
  • 2 C        Raisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix all ingredients except oats, flour and raisins.

Stir in remaining ingredients.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2" apart onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.

Bake ~8 minutes.  Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack.

Makes ~ 7 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment