About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, June 11, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Make-A-List Monday

This past week has been very exciting in the Hutchinson household.  There has been a new addition (NO, not Baby Boy Hutchinson!) I am pleased to introduce our new beagle puppy.




We found the little guy at Honey Pot Hounds in Amherst, NH.  His momma's name is Sarah and his poppa's name is Carson.  Our little guy still does not have a name.  We are in the process of getting to know him so hopefully his name will suit his personality.


His first night went very well.  Only a little crying.  I think he was tuckered out from the long ride home.  Now the fun begins as we attempt to train him.  He's had a great day so far with his potty training.  No accidents yet.  We are keeping him on a schedule for trips outside and play time.  Hopefully he will take to the training like a duck to water.

Now on to Make-A-List Monday.

The Week of June 4, 2012
(in review)

1.  Complete piecing the top for the QT Mystery Quilt that I started this past Saturday.  

  This is just the top.  I haven't quilted it yet.  It definitely has a feeling of fall.  Hopefully it will be quilted by then.  Anyone up for a game of football?

2.  Work on clue 6 for Heather Spence's Mystery Quilt.  Clue six was the setting triangles. 


I just received the final clue...the borders.  I plan on finishing this quilt top this week.

3.  Work on two blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along.  I didn't get to this but hopefully this week....

4.  Attend Quilts for Kids at Pennington Quilt Works.  I was able to deliver the three quilts I worked on.  I am now working on four more for this month.  Linda Arye, the founder of Quilts for Kids, paid a visit to our little chapter.  It was so nice to see her again and hear the story about how Quilts for Kids came to be.

5.  Continue to work on my Leader/Ender projects.  I was able to finish the top of one of my 2011 PQW Saturday Sampler quilts.  The Ocean colorway is done.  I am still working on the Home colorway and my NJ Shop Hop Quilt.  I hope to plan one more Leader/Ender project this week.

6.  Visit Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor, NH.  Now you know the special circumstance which allowed us to visit Keepsake Quilting ahead of schedule....our new little pup.  I was so impressed by this quilt shop.  Here are a few pictures...

Center Harbor beach

Lake Winnipesaukee, NH

Keepsake Quilting

Juvenile Jelly Roll and Sage fabric for a scrappy quilt

Striped  fabric for a quilt

Snoopy fabric to make a quilt for our favorite beagle

A sweet book for Baby Boy Hutchinson

I had such a great time at Keepsake Quilting.  I really think if it was any closer it could be VERY dangerous!

7.  Attend PQW for the June Saturday Sampler.  I received my new block and hope to work on it in the near future.


The Week of June 11, 2012


1.  Play with and love our new little puppy.  Give him a name.  Take him to the vet for his 8 week appointment.  He was born on April 21, 2012.  His birthday is three days after my oldest son, Kyle, and one day after my next son, JT.  I can't wait for them to meet him.  He is SOOOO sweet!

If there is any time left after number 1 I will attempt the following things:

2.  Prepare another Leader/Ender project with all the sage and cream fabric I have been collecting.  I can't say any more because the future recipient of this quilt just might read my blog.

3.  Complete the borders on my Heather Spence Mystery Quilt.

4.  Try once again to complete the two blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along...Corn & Beans.

5.  Work on the four quilts I am doing for Quilts for Kids.

6.  Begin work on Baby Boy Hutchinson's "Good Wishes" quilt.  

Hopefully by next week Baby Boy Hutchinson will be here.  Then I will be able to share his name and the name of our new puppy.  What an exciting time in our lives.  We are truly blessed.

Until Next Time...Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn





2 comments: