About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, May 21, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Make-A-List Monday

The Week of May 14, 2012
(in review)

1.  Work on The Village Quilter BOM's Appomattox & Building Blocks.














I finished piecing Appomattox, and it is ready to be quilted. I used the pattern Baker's Dozen by Charlotte Humphrey.  I took pictures of just six of the thirteen blocks.





 I did three blocks from the Building Blocks quilt.  I like the first two blocks but I may redo the bottom center block.  I don't like the way the stripe fabric is off center. 

2.  Work on the next clue of Heather Spence's Mystery Quilt.






I was able to finish two clues for this mystery.  The next clue will be released on Friday.

3.  Continue to work on the NJ Shop Hop quilt and The Pennington Quilt Works 2011 Saturday Sampler as Leader/Ender projects.




 This is the prep work for the Leader/Ender construction of the following sawtooth stars for the PQW 2011 Saturday Sampler..


     I need to make 112 sawtooth stars. 





This is the prep work for the Leader/Ender construction of the Jacob's Ladder blocks for the NJ Shop Hop quilt.

All prep work is complete (flying geese, HST and 4-patches)  Now the fun begins.  I expect these two projects to take most of the summer to complete.  I will post pictures of any progress that is made.


4.  Make a cuddle quilt for Baby Boy Hutchinson.



For this "quilt" I simply added a French-fold binding to some double sided, baby blue Cuddle fabric.  It is sooooo soft!

BTW---NO baby news yet! Twenty-four days to go!


5.  Work on Kindred Quilts 2011 Saturday Sampler. 



I finished piecing the top of this quilt.  I have included pictures of two of the blocks.  The pattern is Grandmother's Sampler by Lori Smith.  I have ordered the same fabric as the cornerstones for backing fabric.  As soon as it arrives it will be ready for quilting.

I finished quilting another bed runner on Annie this week, also.  This was definitely a very productive week.

The Week of May 21, 2012 

1.  Complete two quilt tops for Quilts for Kids and quilt three quilts on Annie.  I'm using a self-written hexagon pattern for the two quilts I am piecing.  These three quilts need to be done by June 6th.

2.  Complete the next clue in Heather Spence's Mystery Quilt.  After the first 4 clues, I think the quilt will be set on point. 

3.  Prepare my fabrics for the spring mystery hosted by QT Mystery Quilts on June 2, 2012.  Oh boy...another mystery quilt.  Can you tell i just LOVE mysteries?  I can't wait for this one to start.

4.  Complete two blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along hosted by Jo from Jo's Country Junction.  


This month's blocks use the Trip Around the World pattern. 

5.  Work on my two blocks for the 2012 PQW Saturday Sampler.   These blocks need to be completed by June 6th so I have a little time to work on them.  

Let the fun begin!

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn  

No comments:

Post a Comment